Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

No More Words

I have been staring at my laptop for a good 36 minutes and I have nothing to say. NOTHING. I think I'm just saving all my words for this weekend, when I'm teaching my regular Level 1 Improv class Saturday AND the Intro to Improv 1/2-Day Workshop Sunday. That's a whole lotta words for me to come up with.

Actually, the 1/2-Day workshop demands fewer words on my part than usual classes require... It's a dip-your-toe-in-the-water-to-see-if-you-like-improv kinda thing for new peeps, and an extra play session for those who have taken classes in the past or are currently enrolled. Since it's more of a workshop, I just explain how to do the exercises and let people give 'em a shot, rather than getting into all the how's and why's and all those pesky rules.

This particular one filled up FAST, so we scheduled another one already, for March 24th. If you've been wondering if improv is for you (trust me, it is), or just wanting a chance to play with different people, or needing something that doesn't require a 6-week commitment, this is the workshop for you.

I promise, I'll have words. Just not too many.

By Sonnjea Blackwell