Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

I Invented Botox. Yes, I Did.

You meet the most interesting (and useful) people doing improv comedy. Maybe you might think that people take improv classes because they have boring lives and need excitement, but that only describes me. The rest of the people who take Held2gether improv classes are fascinating.

I can tell you don’t believe me, so I’m going to prove it. Last night I spent the evening with a federal probation officer, the inventor of botox, a lady who knows all of the geography of the world, a world-renowned chef and the guy who makes Sig Alerts. These aren’t improv characters, either. Well, there was a case of art imitating life with the probation officer, but these are the real personas of the level 2 students.

Right. You’re thinking, “Well, heck, I just sit at a desk and send personal emails and read blogs at work. I can’t compete with the woman who makes it possible for Real Housewives to exist.” Welcome to my world. But the beauty of improv is, no one needs to know how boring you are! My classmates think I’m a world-famous neurosurgeon who does improv to keep my nerves steady so I don’t botch (another) surgery.

Okay, okay. If I'm lying about the surgeon thing, I suppose it's possible the others aren't quite what they claim either. But they sure make up more interesting lies than the rest of the people I know!

So you might as well sign up for a class - you’ll have a little fun, you’ll meet interesting people and besides… you never know when you’re going to need an in with the justice system.

Held2gether.com has all the info on how you, too, can become a pathological liar brilliant improvisor.