Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Writing Tip: StOp the MadNEss

Okay, we all know I'm particular about certain things, and most of those things have to do with improv. It's why Lisa commonly refers to me as an improv snob purist. But sometimes I have issues with other types of things, and even though this isn't technically a blog about those types of things, I have to vent somewhere.

You're welcome.

My issue this week? What the hell is it with people who capitalize random letters in their FB posts? LiKe thiS? Is it sOMe sEcREt CodE? Do they do that in their other writing, like love letters or office memos or suicide notes?
AttenTIOn SUrgiCAl StaFF:
THerE wiLl be a MAndATorY SCalpeL insPECtiOn at NOon TomORRow.
SmOOcheS, nURse MisSY
I'm sure nobody who reads this blog does that, because there is NO REASON FOR IT. And as improv teachers will tell you time and time again, if you can't justify something, you shouldn't do it. Period.

So please. StOp the MadNEss.

By Sonnjea Blackwell