Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bad [Improv] Dog

I found a dog today, which technically has nothing to do with improv. I used to be a stray dog magnet, which is a pain because you have to try to track down the owners and sometimes the dog doesn't have a tag or a business card or anything. And I'm not a sleuth, people. Sheesh. Luckily, lately the stray dogs haven't been finding me. Till today.

Anyway, this dog I found today appears to be a purebred Shiba, but with no ID. So I took a (crappy) picture and posted the "Found Dog!" flyer on the neighborhood trees and on FB, the electronic equivalent of neighborhood trees, and I drove around looking for "Lost Dog!" flyers or sad children.

I didn't find any of those things. Instead I got a message from Nate saying that Shibas are the one breed of dog he doesn't like and that, "I prefer ones that aren't all weird and distant like these types of dogs. They are like bad improv'ers: they don't listen, horrible eye contact, no emotion and on their own agenda."

Which made me wonder: what breed of dog correlates to what type of improvisor?

And then I thought: who cares? There are a bazillion breeds of dogs, and I can't equate each one to a type of improvisor.

So then I decided: This day has pretty much been a bust all the way around. Might as well give up on this post and resolve to have a better day tomorrow. In the meantime, if you or someone you know is missing a dog that sucks at improv, please message me.

By Sonnjea Blackwell