Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

How Improv Stars Live

Sometimes even semi-famous-in-a-really-small-neighborhood-of-Long-Beach people have to do everyday household chores. No, really. We at H2G don't all have a staff to take care of things like vacuuming our floors, making our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or taking out our trash. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but we live just like regular people in spite of our meteoric rise to slightly increased recognizability among those we've already met a dozen or more times.

Which is just my way of complaining that today I have to clean my house. Do laundry. Vacuum. Even scrub the shower. It seems like quite a dull way to spend the day, in my oh so humble opinion. And whenever I have to spend a day in a manner I deem inappropriate, I reward myself. Oh, what? Don't even pretend that you don't bribe yourself with Girl Scout Cookies or a mani/pedi or a little gin and tonic.

My reward? Four straight days of Held2gether improv: Drop-in class for anyone who has completed Level 1 tomorrow night, Long Form class beginning on Wednesday night, rehearsal Thursday night and Lucky! Friday night.

Heck, for all that, I might even be willing to dust.