Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Improv and Karaoke

It turns out, we can be bought.

I always suspected we were easy, and now there's proof. We performed at a church last weekend, wrapping up their day-long relationship workshops in honor of Valentine's day with a show focused on, what else, relationships. The audience was terrific and gave us fab suggestions, and the show was a huge hit.

Afterwards, the church people gave us booze. Evidently when I was growing up, I frequented the wrong kinds of church because there sure as heck wasn't any alcohol flowing around my pews. Oh, right. Anyway, the church people were friendly and chatty, and some of us struck up conversations with some of them. One of the church people insisted it was impossible to make him laugh. He claimed not to have laughed at the performance at all, but he laughed a lot talking about how much he never laughs. Out of the blue, he asked me if we would play at his birthday party. There was never any doubt that I am easy, so I said yes.

His friend was extremely enthusiastic, suggesting we play for the entire evening so they could cancel the karaoke portion of the party. But my new friend insisted that, since it was his party, he could have improv AND karaoke. And then he laughed some more.

So we're doing a birthday party, and we get to stay and do karaoke. We do enjoy working parties - either performing at them, or hosting games and interactive activities for your guests - so if you need an excuse to 86 the karaoke, give us a call!