Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Cranky-Ass Day

By Sonnjea Blackwell

I don't know where you live, but in the LBC it's cold, rainy and windy and doesn't bear any resemblance to spring whatsoever. Which further dampens my already foul mood.

Yes, even Buddhists who spend most of their waking hours doing improv comedy get cranky sometimes. I know, weird, right? So I'm just going to plod through my work, checking things off my never-ending to-do list as I go, and not think about things that make me cranky and instead think of a short scene I did in class last week where my "sister" Lorna and I were so sweet we made everyone else gag. Or another scene that I did with Viet and Paul at Last Laugh Saturday that involved a nasty hotel at the Jersey Shore. Or any number of scenes that I've witnessed over the past not-quite-2-years that have left me with a pain in my side from laughing.

Because nothing gets you through a cold, rainy, windy, cranky-ass day like laughing. That's the power of improv. And I promise to be funny tomorrow. Cuz, you know, that's just how I roll.