Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Improv Troupe Secrets

By Sonnjea Blackwell

Wow, this Saturday is Held2gether presents: Last Laugh Saturday again! You know Last Laugh Saturday, right? It's our monthly Long Beach improv comedy show at Hot Java where you give us suggestions for scenes and games, and somehow we turn them all into something to do with lemons, sex or relationships gone awry. So, you know, pretty much real life then.

Some of our loyal fans have been asking me questions like, "Does Andy really carry around his dead wife's ashes?" "Who is this Jo-Jo person that Barbi is so taken with?" "Why is Jayme always down on the floor? It seems unsanitary." and "Is Viet really from Nebraska? He looks Asian to me."

See, the problem is, I'm not at liberty to discuss my troupe-mates' personal lives. But I do have special powers since I'm in charge of this blog and the website - so I can point you in the right direction if you want to learn more about the players before Saturday's show. Just go to the Held2gether troupe page on our website and click on your favorite performer's face for all the information you could possibly need to blackmail them.

And in answer to the above questions, I can honestly say, "Not on Tuesdays," "Her super-hero alter-ego," "She's so tall, she likes to take a break from gravity sometimes," and "Yes, he's full-blooded Nebraskan. He just plays a convincing Asian character occasionally."

I hope that was helpful.