Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Held2gether and 3 Square

By Sonnjea Blackwell

I've mentioned 3 Square before, which is a sketch comedy troupe made up of a few Held2gether troupe folks and a lot of Held2gether friends. This past weekend was 3 Square shooting weekend, and I got to help again. "Help" in this case doesn't mean I had to wear a nightie and undress the BFF. No, this time around I grilled about a side of beef's worth of steaks for a sketch involving - of course - vegans. And, even more fun, I got to hold the boom mic.

That's not any kind of weird-slash-perverted euphemism, either. I was all technical with my headphones and everything. Check me out.

See, it's true! You can mention my biceps to the Evil Trainer, btw. Maybe he'll go easy on me.

I helped with continuity things as well, like covering and uncovering the platter of beef at appropriate times and picking lettuce leaves up off the table, the floor, Brenda, you name it. Seriously, I'm totally indispensable.

It'll be a little while before this weekend's sketches are edited and up at their website, but in the meantime, please check out the 2 episodes that are up at 3 Square's YouTube Channel. Thanks! You won't be sorry.