Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Forty Isn't Elderly, People!

By Sonnjea Blackwell

Wow, it's a gorgeous day in the LBC. The boss is off filming for 3 Square this weekend (I'll be helping out tomorrow), we don't have an Intro to Improv Comedy Class today (it starts next Saturday), and there are no Held2gether improv shows this weekend (next Friday night is Confessions of a Soccer Mom at Elise's Tea Room for First Fridays Bixby Knolls).

So what's a girl to do on a lovely spring day with NOOOOOO improv on the agenda? Well, I could work in my yard, or do some of that other work I do that I get paid for, or nap all day. All decent options, actually.

But instead, I'll tell you a couple of short tales. Cuz, you know, that's just how I roll. First, yesterday Darren and I had a nice lunch meeting with a nice man from a nice charity we'll be doing a benefit show or two for (more details when they're firmer). But the point of the story isn't that we're doing something nice for a worthy charity. No, the point is the nice man said he was excited to have us bring our younger dynamic to their event, because most of their people are "middle age - you know, in their 40s," so it would be nice to have us because we're younger. We should've used our improv skills and just said, "Yes, and we love to work with elderly folks like 40-year-olds." But, as those of you who know us are already aware, we are vain. So we told the nice man our actual ages so we could hear him exclaim, "Oh, my goodness! Wow, I never would've guessed! You look MUCH younger."

Oh, what? Like you wouldn't do the same! Sheesh. At least I didn't make him feel my abs.

Second, I just want to point out that the Level 2 class is full-o-rooni. I just made that word up right now, FYI. Anyway. The Intro classes are filling fast, too. The Saturday class starts one week from today, May 7th. The Tuesday class starts Tuesday, May 10th. There are only a few spaces in each class left, so don't dilly-dally. Register at the Held2gether website! And if you do, maybe I'll let you feel my abs.