Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bunny Bunny Bunny

I was informed that yesterday's post was a bit heady, which can happen sometimes on a Monday. But anyway, my apologies. My goal is not to make anyone think.

So today I'm just going to talk about bunnies. No, really.

Shortly after Easter a couple of bunnies appeared in my 'hood. One black and white, the other all gray. Both with fluffy white cottontails. Apparently Easter gifts gone awry, someone had released them into the wild to fend for themselves. The whole neighborhood adopted them, checking on them and asking other neighbors if a couple days went by without a bunny sighting. Enough time has passed now that we're fairly certain they are the same gender, otherwise there'd be 50 bunnies by now instead of just the two.

The thing is, my neighborhood really is the wild. We have coyotes and raccoons and possums and hawks. So we all know the bunnies' days are numbered. But they are having happy, carefree bunny lives in the meantime.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Held2gether improv. But it also didn't make you think. You're welcome.

By Sonnjea Blackwell