Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Half-day Intro to Improv Workshop

I have to go out now and sell myself. It's weird - I'm used to being a pimp, not a ho. But these Killer Fate books aren't going to sell themselves. Oh, and if you must know, I'm also pimping Held2gether improv classes while I'm out. Can I multi-task, or what!

One of my FAVORITE classes evah is coming up again on October 9th: the 1/2-day Intro to Improv Workshop. This is a jump-in-and-get-your-feet-wet type of class for people who've been itchin' to try improv and just haven't been able to fit the 6-week intro course into their schedule. The really awesome thing is, a bunch of existing H2G students drop by for a refresher, and it's a brilliant mix of the old timers helping the newbies get comfortable being in the gray area and the newbies reminding the old timers about the joy of simplicity.

Sometimes a person who has never done improv before starts out feeling intimidated because there are experienced students in the room... inevitably, the intimidation evaporates by the time the first warm-up game of introductions is over. It's just a big ol' happy improv-y family, laughing with and encouraging and supporting one another for four hours. And it's only forty bucks!

Register right NOW at the Held2gether website or email the boss if you have any questions.

By Sonnjea Blackwell