Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How Did We Meet, Again?

By Sonnjea Blackwell

After getting a whopping 13 minutes of restful sleep last night (thanks, Natraj chai), it's iffy as to whether I'm going to be able to brush my teeth correctly, let alone think clearly enough to write a coherent blog post.

So instead of babbling idiotically, I was hoping you all could help me by answering a question. In keeping with Held2gether's theme of "improv for life" and focusing our classes and workshops towards regular people rather than the actor-y type of classes found in Hollyweird, we have always eschewed paid advertising and big marketing campaigns in favor of the guerilla method of getting the word out.

I said guerilla, not gorilla. Nobody in an ape costume is wandering the streets of Long Beach passing out flyers about improv comedy classes.

We do the Facebook thing, and the Twitter thing, and the YouTube thing. We post shows and classes on Craigs List and 562CityLife and LimelightLB and OC Back Page and EBay. We paste flyers up at our local coffee houses. We have a Yelp! page. We're listed in the LB Parks & Rec catalog.

Right, I know that wasn't a question. Sorry, I've been trained very well in NOT asking questions. How you could help me is by telling me how you first heard about H2G. Here's a little poll thingy to make answering easier (please scroll down and hit "submit" when you are finished). Thanks so much!