Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trixie Keeps the Books Improv Show Tonight!!

By Sonnjea Blackwell

Tonight is the Held2gether long form improv show, Trixie Keeps the Books at EXPO Theatre in Long Beach's Bixby Knolls 'hood. You know, in case you live under a rock and have somehow managed to escape the barrage of promos we've done for it.


I'd just like to say publicly that it's been a joy to work with everyone in the long form class: Barbi and I sewed funeral garb on our dead father, Andy and I ruined the song When a Man Loves a Woman for everyone forever, Waverly and I drank ourselves silly - even though we were only 4 years old, Brenda and I celebrated Christmas with Easter bunnies and Thanksgiving with chocolate hearts, Viet shaved my legs at a party, Paul and I gave away our children so we could play pinata in the living room, Lisa was my lizard sister and Robert arrested me for prostitution - again. Thanks, everyone! And especially thanks to Darren Held for yet another amazing improv class!

Okay, enough with the thanking - back to pimping: Trixie is going to ROCK! You know about our awesome cast and this time we also have an awesome set, arranged differently than our last couple of shows at EXPO. And there will be beer and wine (and water - um, whatever) available before the show and during intermission. Doors open at 6:30 and the hilarity begins at 7:00. Five bucks at the door. Come see us! And if you read the blog and/or like us on FB, come up and introduce yourself after the show. I'm the blonde who flaps her arms a lot.